As a mom getting ready for delivering #2 (due in 6 days), I have found myself forgetting just what should be in the trusty hospital bag. I remember packing way too much last time so this time I'm trying to keep it to the necessities. Here's my list of what I found most useful:
- Non-skid socks and/or slippers to walk around in
- Your basic toiletries
- Your own towel (unless you enjoy drying off with a hanky)
- Snacks! Good ones that you can't wait to eat!
- Your own pillow
- A modest and comfy nursing nightgown with a robe that you won't mind visitors seeing you in
- Hairbursh, headband and pony tail holders
- Camera with batteries/charger
- Phone with charger
- Nursing pads and nipple cream (I recommend Earth Mama Angel Baby)
- Your pump so the lactation consultant can show you how to use it
- Chap stick/lip balm
- You might want something to listen to music on, I personally ended up never using this.
- Insurance forms, birth plan, important documents.
If Dad is spending the night don't forget he needs a few things too.
- His pillow
- He may want his own blanket
- Clothes to sleep in
- Basic Toiletries
- Phone and charger
- Socks and/or slippers
Here's the new one for me. I have a 2 year old who will at some point be visiting the hospital to meet his baby brother. A few things you may want to bring for your little ones:
- A Munchie Mug with snacks
- A little gift from their new sibling so they feel special
- Potty seat (if they're training like ours is)
- A change of clothes
- A book and toy to keep them entertained
We would love to hear the things that you found most and least useful for your own hospital bag!